Sunday 6 April 2014

Reflection On The Week (Easter 1): Starting Monday 31st March

Week Summary
Advanced Production - Have set up the Maya file ready for animating the 3D animatic. This also lead me to research and learn how to use an animation picker. This is quite a useful tool to learn how to use as it is sometimes used in the animation industry. Discovering how useful this tool is, I will be integrating it into my animation pipeline for when I'm animating the final shots for Tug of Biscuit.

Going Live - Finished the rig I was working on. Picked up the shot I am animating in. Referenced in the characters, and started Layout with the characters, also adding animation for the camera. Rough animation is started and the goal is to have a more finalized animation during next week.


Monday 31st Mar
Put the Shot List up on the Going Live Board in the studio, so it is in a central place for the whole class to see it. Hopefully it will be helpful for us all to keep track of production in these last few weeks on the project.

Fixing the weight painting on the Going Live model.
Next is to add the controls. Decided it might be faster and easier to use the tutorial I followed last year. Also imported my Maya Shelf from Maya 2012 as it has all the useful scripts and buttons I created last year, which are very useful for rigging!

Tuesday 1st April
Pick up Shot 1 for animation in Going Live.

Animation research for Going Live using Pinterest.

Adding controls to the rig.
Finished it!

Wednesday 2nd April
Move onto 3D animatic TOB.
Worked on the 3D animatic for Tug of Biscuit today. Installed an animation picker, learned how to use it with a free rig, then created my own for a different rig for the dog character. Imported characters into the adjusted scene. Checked timings in animatic against the old one and the shot list, so I am using accurate timings for the 3D animatic.

The picker I created for a free dog rig to practice with in the 3D animatic. Allows for easy selection of the controls when animating.

Thursday 3rd April
Start animation for Going Live. Needed to animate the camera first though.

Friday 4th April
Working on Animation for Going Live.

Weekend
Went along to the Undergraduate's fundraiser for Animation, Dee-Con!

No comments:

Post a Comment