Sunday 23 March 2014

Reflection On The Week (25): Starting Monday 17th March

Week Summary
Reflection on Practice - My priority for the first half of the week was finishing the Conference Paper. Now that it has been submitted, I already feel it has freed up time to work on the other modules. Will now be taking my paper and using it to inform and mold my presentation which is next week.

Advanced Production - Done some observational dog sketches, which were for my paper, but as the paper was reflective on practice, they are also helpful for the film project. This also includes the human/dog anthropomorphism sketching exercise.

Going Live - Helped out with the 3D animatic, animating the camera and characters to sort the timing out.
Started rigging the model I was working on. The rigging needs to be finished next week. Animation is also scheduled to begin later next week.


Monday 17th Mar
Presented my work to the External Examiner, talked about what I want to achieve with the Masters course and what I want to do once I graduate.
His advice on animating was to limber up and do simple animation tests before moving on to the final piece of animation.

Meeting with Sharon to look over my Conference Paper.

Group Meeting with the External Examiner. A piece of advice he gave us all was about what to do if there is more than one animator on a project, how to split up the animation jobs. Auditioning for it could be a way to solve this. All the animators could try doing the same shot, and then the group can pick the one that works the best.

Going Live 3D animatic:
Have taken the first shot in the film to block in the action in the animatic and sort out the timing. Talked over what happens in the scene with Kieran, and discussed ideas.

Tuesday 18th Mar
Whilst finishing off my conference paper today I did some extra drawings to include, to relate my research to my own practice.
First was some observational drawing of my dog:

I then did some sketches of someone having their food stolen by a seagull:

I then took the human expressions and applied them to a dog character who has his biscuit stolen by a bird, this was to give the dog more expression and show an example of anthropomorphism:


Wednesday 19th Mar
Started to gathering all work into one place for the Supervisor Meeting with Sharon. Supervisor Meeting rescheduled for next Tuesday.
Had a quick team meeting to discuss what we need to do for next week.

Handed in final conference paper after battling with my printer this morning.

Been working on Shot 1 of the Going Live animatic. Added all the rough animation to the 2nd half to sort out the timing within the limited time frame.

Also had a look and tried a variation on the model for Going Live.

Thursday 20th Mar
Done extra modeling and tweaks to the model I've been working on for Going Live.

Picked up rough environments from team members for 'Tug of Biscuit' 3D environment.

Friday 21st Mar
Started rigging the Going Live model I have been working on.
Dylan was in the studio for 3D support today, so I asked him to check the rig I had started and get some advice, so I can hopefully avoid any problems with the rig as it progresses.

Weekend
Downloaded some free rigs of human and dog characters that I can use in the 3D animatic and also use for early animation tests.
Set up a new computer at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment