Sunday 16 March 2014

Reflection On The Week (24): Starting Monday 10th March

Week Summary
Reflection on Practice - Been working mostly on my Conference Paper this week, including anaylsing my findings from the Focus Group. The paper has been my main priority this week due to the deadline being next week.

Advanced Production - Had a look over how the Shot Lists could be put together to convey as much useful information as possible for the production of the film. A team meeting on Friday was a good chance to look over everything and work out what we all need to work on next. The 3D animatic and animation tests will be my priority.

Going Live - Sang had a look over the model I have been working on for the project and got some advice about rigging it. During a class team meeting on Thursday, worked out what everyone is working on, and I then created a personal production schedule for myself so I know what I'm working on. This also created some deadlines for myself as there are only a few weeks left on production for this project.


Monday 10th Mar
Sent Kirti (Production Manager) example pages from the Shot Lists I created last year. I think a document of this sort will definitely be useful for the team to use as reference for all the information about individual shots and also act as a checklist. On reflection, the 2 documents I produced last year (a Shot Stages and a Shot Description document) would have worked better on the same document, for ease of use, with all the information in the same place. Here's an example I put together today:

Working on my paper today for Reflection on Practice module.

Also finished off some freelance work today.

Tuesday 11th Mar
Working on Conference Paper all day, specifically going through the Focus Group transcript, highlighting and making notes, then typing up the report for a chapter in the final paper.

Wednesday 12th Mar
Individual tutorial with Sharon - go over paper and presentation
As I have a lot I can talk about with the Focus Group Findings, putting that chapter at the beginning of the paper might help. I can then pieces of information from that chapter and discuss them in greater detail within the main body of text, backing up with references and relating to my own practice.

Carried on working on my Conference Paper. Rearranged the structure of the paper based on the feedback from this morning. Also have been finding some references to use from a relevant book.

Thursday 13th Mar
Had a Going Live class meeting this morning. We discussed the overall production schedule and what everyone is working on.
My personal schedule:
Mon 17th Mar - work on the the 3D animatic.
By Fri 21st Mar - Have 3D model for the asset I've been working on done, pass to Kieran to UV-map.
By Mon 24th Mar - Have asset rigged.
By Tue 25th Mar - Have collected all animation refs and have carried out some animation tests.
Tue 25th Mar - Begin animation!

While our class was all together, we quickly discussed the upcoming fundraiser and potential bake sale to raise money for our degree show.

Continued work on my Conference Paper.

Friday 14th Mar
Had a group meeting:
  • Looked over the production schedule.
  • I suggested that we should collate all of our pre-production work into a Production Bible, PDF doc, this also highlighted areas that need some more work. Included in this collection  of work will be: 
- Character Designs
- Character Expressions
- Concept Art and colours (update with new designs)
- Environment Designs (need some designs sheets for the plants etc in the garden)
- Prop Designs (design sheets needed for these)
- Storyboard
- Script
  • Shot List
  • 3D Animatic - Next Tuesday scheduled to work on it
  • 3D models - Discussed the updates on these
  • Texture tests - Would be good to start once some models are finished
  • Print off work for the walls in the studio

Went over the shot list with Kirti. Decided it would be useful to print off the storyboard thumbnails. Drew on the sheets to work out where all the camera cuts were in order to figure out how many shots our film has. At the moment the total is 20. Also used a blue pencil to pick out which drawing best represented that shot for using in the Shot List Kirti is putting together:




Sang was in the studio offering some 3D support for Going Live. Showed him the model I have been working on for one of the assets. The topology is looking fine. Talked about how it might be rigged and disguised at the beginning of the film story. Could contort and twist the model at the beginning, and then unravel to show what it actually is in the story.

Weekend
Put together a PowerPoint presentation for a meeting with the External Examiner next Monday.
Continued to work on my Conference Paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment