Thursday 28 November 2013

Polygon Shoe Texturing

After modelling the shoe, the next step was to UV map it. I've always used Maya's tools for UV mapping, however as time has been disappearing I decided to use a software called UVLayout to help speed the process along. Watched tutorials to learn how to use it, and the UV maps were ready rather quickly! Upon realizing that through using UVLayout, my shoe was now an .obj which combined my shoe into one object, I decided to UV map different parts of the shoe separately by exporting different parts of the shoe as .obj's.

The finished UV map for the main part of the shoe, used a temporary checkered texture to check for distortion. Exported the UV snapshots ready for texturing.

Worked with Photoshop and Maya side by side whilst painting the textures.

I used high res photos of the real-life shoe and merged them together in Photoshop, also used the paint and clone brush tool.

I exported the UV snapshots as a large file size, which has allowed me to adjust image sizes to what is needed - as it is simple to decrease the size but not easy to increase quality.

Finished textures painted onto the UV maps:

Laces 1

Laces 2

Inside and outside of shoe

Inner sole of shoe
shoe heel


Finished textures on the shoe in Maya:







No comments:

Post a Comment