Saturday 21 September 2013

Editing the '48hr film project'

Friday 20th and Saturday 21st were our main days for editing. Having only used After Effects and Final Cut  for video editing before; Adobe Premiere was new to me and the rest of the team but didn't take too long to get used to. The scene I edited was the 'Flat Scene'. First I got all the shots in order, then cut each shot down to what was needed. The first part of the scene is the Vampire arriving home in distress after losing his vampire fangs. Time passes - shown by a winding clock and a montage begins of the Vampire getting more and more hungry: I overlaid footage of the winding clock over the montage to emphasise the this plot point.
On the Saturday I finished editing the first Graveyard scene which Steph had started on Friday night. Kieran figured out how to edit the audio in Premiere so I helped cross-fade audio on some of the shots which didn't flow as well inbetween cuts. Then Kieran put together the final edit of the film whilst myself and George searched for additional sound effects needed in the film. Editing was complete minutes before university closing time, so we left the film to render and pick up on Monday - hoping nothing goes wrong with the render!




No comments:

Post a Comment