Sunday 12 January 2014

Reflection On The Week (15): Starting Monday 6th January

Week Summary
So I didn't really have the Christmas holiday I had looked forward to... and I wasn't expecting to miss the first week back at uni for Semester Two either! A very bad case of fever and tonsillitis for 3 weeks is something I would very much like to never experience again! :(

Having not been able to even put pen to paper, my main film project for the Advanced Production module took a bit of a hit. Pre-production really needs sprint forwards from here to catch-up, since the film idea was developed later part of last Semester.

I kept in the loop with my peers about anything I was missing. One lecture I missed was the first Reflection On Practice Lecture. I had a read over the PowerPoint presentation online; which looked over how to reflect on our own work, to help improve what we do and be able to discuss our work critically.

'Use the past to inform the future' (Schön, 1983)

  • Recall, 
  • Relive, 
  • Re-interpret, 
  • Respond.

(Reflecting On Experience - the 4Rs, after Mackenzie, n.d)

Rolfe's 3 questions to ask yourself:

Anaylse the description of the situation and then determine what you have learnt from it.
By doing this, areas of improvement could be highlighted.

Through this blog I will reflect on my practice, with weekly blog posts that summarize my week's work on each module. This will help me to highlight areas where improvement is needed and help to keep track of my personal schedule of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment