Tuesday 15 October 2013

Shoes and lens distortions...

First task of the day was choosing a shoe. It needed to be an old, worn shoe as it would be more interesting to model using polygons. I was going to go for a pair of my old Keds shoes but then I found my Dad's gardening shoes by the door and thought they would be much more interesting to model and texture! Whether it will be more difficult I'll just have to find out as I go along...


Set up a tripod and camera in the conservatory as I thought the light would be a bit better in there.


Went into uni to the Maya lab to use NukeX, to remove the lens distortion from my photos.
Opened the image of the shoe, and an image of a grid I took a photo of at the same time, into NukeX:

Grid with lens distortion

Grid without lens distortion
When the 'lens distortion' node is working with the Grid image, transfer the node over to the Shoe image:

Image with lens distortion
Image without lens distortion

The only problem I encountered when writing the final image out as a .jpg, was I kept getting this message pop up:
"nukex write1: can't rename .tmp to final, File exists/Permission denied"
If the file still saved it was an unknown file type. I couldn't find a way for this not to happen, but I found that by opening the unknown file type in Paint and then saving it as a .jpg worked... 

Photo with lens distortion

Photo without lens distortion

No comments:

Post a Comment